Tuesday 14 February 2012

We've Made it This Far...

For about 5 minutes on Sunday, I felt like Supermom.

It was about 3:30pm. I had my 4th load of laundry going in the basement, granola bars cooling on the table, bread rising in the oven, Strong-Willed One on the floor in front of me for yet another nit-picking session and Little Guy on my lap having his bottle.



What amazed me was that I wasn't feeling any resentment. This past week has been exhausting. I've never done so much laundry, made beds so many times, or vacuumed this the house this much in less than a week. I've spent hours washing hair and then combing through it in 2 inch sections. I've prepared meals, packed lunches, washed dishes, picked up toys and helped with homework. I planned meals for the next 2 weeks and grocery shopped. There has been one night that I got to bed before midnight, though most nights were later than that. Yet here I sat on Sunday afternoon feeling like Supermom.



God has given us all the grace to get through all that has been going on. When I started grumping about all the laundry, He reminded me to be thankful I have a washing machine and dryer in the house and don't have to go to a laundromat. Not that long ago I went for a month without a working oven; I wouldn't have been able to provide my family with healthy homemade granola bars or homemade bread. I spend most of the year as a single parent, yet the past two weeks and this week Husband is actually home every night.



In the midst of all of this, Little Guy is fascinated by the world around him, things he's never seen before (like a big bag of hairbands) and is growing more confident in his ability to walk, providing us all with many smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment