Tuesday 7 February 2012

Shopping Disappointment

I spent Saturday morning making my menu for the week, going over the grocery fliers, scanning my coupons and arranging my shopping list. Keeping in mind that my goal was to buy only what I absolutely must and cook mainly from my pantry and freezer, this all took a considerable amount of time. I ended up with a list 9 items that I needed to buy and 3 items that I would get for free by price matching and using my coupons. Finally, at 7:30pm I packed up and left for the store. Only to find out that the store closes at 7pm on Saturdays. So I ended up going to the 24 hour costly grocery store to buy the cream, use my free yogurt coupons and get fruit. The rest of my items I ended up getting at yet another store the next day on our way home from a birthday celebration. It reached the point that the few dollars I would save by going to my normal store I would spend in gas getting there, not to mention the extra time. Still, I did not buy a single thing that wasn't on my list. So that's something.


After church Sunday, we headed to my in-laws' for Husband's birthday day. He picked lasagna and garlic toast for his birthday meal. His mom makes the best lasagna. It's never the same, but it's always incredible. She asked me to make the cake. Because I was short on time Saturday, I ended up using a chocolate fudge boxed mix. I used the creamy white frosting recipe from my Better Homes and Garden cookbook and topped it with Dutch chocolate sprinkles. Nothing fancy, but it did the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment